We had such a hard time coming up with a name for a boy. Ionia and I went back and forth between 5 or 10 names, Milo was the top contender.
The girls name was easy to choose. I've told my grandmother for years that if I ever had a daughter I wanted to name her Emma. It turns out, Ionia really likes the name too, so we agreed on that right away. Then we had to come up with a middle name. Ionia wanted to honor her deceased Grandmother from Mexico, Maria de Los Angeles, which we shortened to Marie. In addition to my last name, Ulrich, her intials spell: EMU. Which is why your reading the EMU Babe blog.
According to the Social Security Administration, the 2nd most popular name for newborns in 2006 is Emma. Which is a Germanic name meaning "universal".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Adam, remember my friend Vanessa and her husband Dana I told you about? I said I thought you'd like them?? I forgot to tell you that when they had their daughter Emmalene, the boy's name they chose was Milo!
Post a Comment